Terms And Conditions
The following General Terms and Conditions apply to the sale of goods by Joia BV (hereinafter referred to as “Joia”, “we”, or “seller”) through our online shop at joia.store (hereinafter referred to as “shop” or “website”) in the version in effect at the time the contract is concluded. They are always accessible at joia.store/terms-and-conditions.
1. CONTRACT CONCLUSION
(1) The presentation of goods on our website is only an invitation to our shop’s visitors to submit a purchase offer to us. The submission of an order in the web shop by clicking on the “Buy” button constitutes a legally enforceable offer by the visitor to enter into a purchase contract.
(2) We promptly confirm receipt of your order via an automatically produced e-mail (“receipt confirmation”). This message does not imply an acceptance of the sales contract offer. A valid purchase contract is formed only upon receipt of another e-mail (“confirmation of dispatch”) or upon delivery of the purchased items.
(3) The contract is concluded with Joia BV, Rokin 81, 1012 KL Amsterdam, Netherlands.
2. RATES AND TERMS OF PAYMENT
(1) All prices include the applicable legal value added tax as well as the mentioned forwarding fees. Prices indicated at the time of the order will be applicable.
(2) The buyer (often referred to as the “customer”) has the option of paying for the items using a credit card or an immediate bank transfer. If the client elects to pay in advance, he agrees to pay the purchase amount immediately, that is, within seven days after the contract’s conclusion.
(3) If the buyer is in default of payment, we retain the right to levy a flat-rate reminder fee of 5 € each reminder.
(4) We will automatically process any refunds to the account used to make the purchase. When payment is made by invoice or prepayment, the return transfer will be made to the account from which the payment was made.
(5) Joia uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol to secure all of your information. This ensures that unauthorised individuals do not gain access to your data.
(1) Goods are delivered through dispatch to the buyer’s specified delivery address. In extraordinary instances, shipping bottlenecks or other unanticipated events may cause delivery times to exceed those specified. We have no control over delivery delays caused by the shipping business.
(2) The delivery period specified commences upon receipt of payment.
(3) The buyer is responsible for the cost of delivery.
(4) Free shipping is available on orders over 50 €.
(5) Shipping is 9 € for orders under 50 €.
(6) You are not permitted to collect the items directly from Joia.
4. MANAGEMENT OF OWNERSHIP
We retain title to the products until the entire purchase amount is paid.
5. LOGIN TO OUR WEBSITE
(1) Joia provides customers with access to Joiaoil.co.uk. By clicking the “Register” button, you may create a customer account. Registration is entirely optional and used to streamline future orders. Registration is not required to place an order.
(2) The client is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his or her personal access data and not disclosing it to unauthorized third parties.
(3) We can add additional requirements to the application. When registering, the customer is required to submit complete and accurate information. The customer should disclose any changes to the data in order to avoid incurring additional expenses if he wishes to submit a new order. The customer must include his complete name, address, and e-mail address. Joia is authorized to effectively communicate declarations to the customer’s e-mail address, unless a stricter form is required by law or agreement.
(4) We save the customer’s personal data during registration in order for the customer to re-login at any time using his access data. Additional information on how personal data is handled and data protection in general can be found in the data protection declaration, which is available at joia.store/privacy-policy.
(5) Our website requires a minimum age of 18 years for registration and ordering. You must verify that you are at least eighteen years old.
6. RIGHTS OF CONTROL
Consumers have the following withdrawal rights. The term “consumer” refers to any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that are mostly unrelated to his commercial or self-employed professional activity.
You have the right to revoke this contract without giving reasons within fourteen days.
The fourteen-day withdrawal period begins on the day on which you or a third party other than the carrier selected by you got possession of the goods.
To exercise your withdrawal right, you must contact us as follows:
Joia BV, Rokin 81, 1012 KL Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
inform you of your decision to withdraw this Agreement in an unambiguous statement (e.g. a letter, fax, or e-mail sent via regular mail). You may use the sample revocation form attached, but it is not required.
To comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient to deliver the notification of revocation prior to the expiration of the revocation term.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE REVOCATION:
If you cancel this Agreement, we will promptly and no later than fourteen days after we receive notification of your revocation for all money we have received from you, including delivery charges (other than additional charges arising from your choice of a method of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us). We will repay you using the same method of payment as you used in the original transaction, unless we have specifically agreed otherwise with you, and you will not be charged for such refund.
We have the right to withhold refunds until we receive the Goods back or until you show evidence that you returned the Goods, whichever occurs first. You must return or hand over the items to us immediately, and in any case within fourteen days of notifying us of your decision to revoke this contract. This period is assumed to have been observed if the items are dispatched prior to the expiration of the fourteen-day term. We will bear all fees associated with returning the goods.
They are accountable for depreciation of the items only if the depreciation is caused by handling the commodities that is not necessary to ascertain their nature, qualities, and usefulness.
FORM OF WITHDRAWAL
If you wish to cancel the contract, please complete and return the accompanying form. However, the revocation can be justified informally as well.
I/we (*) hereby terminate the contract we (*) entered into for the purchase of the following products (*)/provision of the following services (*).
Consumer’s name (s)
Consumer’s address (s)
Consumer(s) signature(s) (only for paper communication)
(*) Delete as necessary.
EXCLUSION OR EARLY EXPIRATION OF THE WITHDRAWAL RIGHT:
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts for the delivery of items that are not prefabricated and whose manufacture is determined by the consumer’s specific selection or destination, or to contracts for the delivery of goods that are clearly tailored to the consumer’s personal needs.
Additionally, the right of revocation does not apply to contracts for the supply of sealed products that are not returnable for health or hygienic reasons if the seal has been removed after delivery;
Statutory warranty rights are applicable.
8. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
(1) Without restriction, the seller is accountable for willful misconduct and gross carelessness. The seller is only accountable for simple negligence where it results in injury to life, body, health, or an essential contractual obligation (obligation, the fulfilment of which is essential for the proper execution of the contract and on the observance of which the contractual partner regularly relies and may rely).
(2) In the event of a straightforward negligent breach of material contractual commitments, the seller’s culpability is limited to the amount of the anticipated, generally occurring loss. Otherwise, the seller’s liability is excluded.
(3) The limitations of liability set forth above also apply to the seller’s legal representatives and vicarious agents.
(4) The restrictions of liability set forth above do not apply if the seller intentionally hid a fault or asserted a guarantee for the items’ quality. The same is true for claims brought by the buyer under product liability legislation.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS
(1) The customer expressly accepts that any correspondence between him and Joia will be conducted electronically, most notably by unencrypted e-mail. The purchaser is aware that unencrypted email communications provide only a limited level of security and secrecy.
(2) The buyer must guarantee that the e-mail address provided for order processing is correct and capable of receiving e-mails sent by the vendor. When utilizing SPAM filters, the client must ensure that all emails sent by the seller or third parties hired by the seller to process the purchase can be delivered.
(1) The purchaser’s General Terms and Conditions (GTC) do not apply to the transaction, even if Joia does not specifically object to them.
(2) The European Commission has an online dispute resolution (OS) platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
(3) We are not willing or obligated to engage in consumer mediation proceedings.
Have another question?
Our customer service team will be happy to assist you.